Background in addition to the formal job announcement below:
- Most positions are for 4 lecture days per week over 6 weeks, either in session A (June 26-Aug. 4) or session B (Aug. 7-Sept. 15). [see Summer sessions calendar]
- Applicants should note in their cover letter whether they would be willing to relocate to Santa Barbara for a relatively short 6-week period. (Note that short-term rental housing is relatively plentiful during the times UCSB is not in regular session, such as the summer.)
- Some positions are filled by local talent, but may open up if there are unexpected separations.
Job #: JPF00939
The Department of History at the University of California, Santa Barbara, invites applications for temporary, part-time lecturer positions for Summer 2017. Courses needed may include:
• World History Survey, (pre-history to 1000 CE; 1000-1700 CE; 1700 CE to Present)
• Western Civilization Survey, (pre-history to 1050 CE; 1050-1715 CE; 1715 to Present)
• The American People, (US survey, all Periods)
• East Asian Civilization Survey
• Latin American History (pre-contact to present)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter-which clearly indicates which course or courses best fit their qualification; most recent CV; teaching evaluations, if applicable; a description of proposed courses, or syllabi, if applicable; and the names and telephone/email addresses for three professional references. Interested candidates should apply to the following link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF00939
Questions about the position may be directed to the Search Chair, Harold Marcuse, email@example.com. More information about the UCSB History Department may be found at our website, www.history.ucsb.edu.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The salary is based on UC’s salary scales and depends on qualifications. Applicants should possess a PhD in History or related field by time of appointment, and have one year of teaching experience. The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through teaching and service.