January 17th & 24th, 2006
questions for Victor Klemperer's diary for the years 1933-1941, I
will bear witness
- Klemperer repeatedly references the language of the Nazi's, or "lingua
tertii immperii". What is he referring to and why is it significant?
- How was it that Hitler was able to so successfully segregate and then
alienate the Jewish population?
- To what extent was the German public conscious of the Jewish extermination?
Did they understand the magnitude or severity of the situation? If so,
how did they know?
- What is the pattern and/or effect of German sentiments/moods and where
does it originate? How does the general mood of the people affect the
lives of the Klemperer's?
- How can the behaviors/attitudes of the Nazi's who Klemperer encounters