Lecture 13: The 1970s as a Decade of
- Q3: What, according to Pres. Reagan, is the main consequence
of WW2 for politics in the 1980s? Or: What theme does he emphasize?
- Film tonight (and again Wed. night): "Nasty Girl"
in 1119 Girvetz, 7-8:45pm
- Prospectuses at end of class
- The Women's movement (for 1970s & 80s, see textbook pp.
- Early postwar opening, then return to patriarchal structures
during the 1950s (see R6 & 7)
- Sept. 1968 SDS (Socialist German Student-league;
in US: Students for Demo. Society)
- Helke Sander, Sigrid Rüger, Ulrike Meinhof
- §218 of the criminal code
- Compare East Germany, 1972
- Also: what happens to more progressive policies after unification
- West Germany: From the 1970s to the 1980s
- Generations and politics (see Reader 3)
- [other items were on the handout, but I did not cover them;
they will return in L14]